Eps51 is an internationally active graphic design studio developing visual concepts with a strong focus on typography and bilingual design. After having lived and worked in Cairo, London, Brighton and Paris, Ben Wittner and Sascha Thoma founded Eps51 in Berlin in 2008.
Our professional expertise ranges from developing brands, establishing visual identities and conceptualising online presences to editing and designing books as well as organising cultural events.
We have worked on numerous intercultural projects over the past years, regularly take part in exhibitions, give lectures and hold workshops.
[ Excerpt ]
AMA – Art Moves Africa // Brussels, Belgium
Art Dubai // UAE
CIC // Cairo, Egypt
Die Gestalten Verlag // Berlin, Germany
Discovery Channel Europe // London, UK
Hamzamolnar // Cairo, Egypt
Heineken // Cairo + Amsterdam
Kehrer Art Books // Heidelberg, Germany
L’Oréal // Paris, France
M4 Models // Berlin, Hamburg, Germany
Merge Conceptual Design // Los Angeles, USA
Michael Sontag // Berlin, Germany
Mueller PR // Berlin, Germany
Neon Magazine // Germany
NGBK // Berlin, Germany
Nike // Europe
Palais // Munich, Germany
Pitti Immagine // Florence, Italy
Sharjah Art Foundation // Sharjah, UAE
Susan Hefuna // Germany + Egypt
Spokes // Manchester, UK
The Townhouse Gallery // Cairo, Egypt
Uqbar Projectspace // Berlin, Germany
V&A Museum // London, UK
VicenzaOro // Vicenza, Italy
YAZE // Paris, France
ZMO // Berlin, Germany
[ Eps ]
- Earnings per share, a stock market concept.
- Encapsulated PostScript, a graphics file format.
- electro-plasma system
- European Physical Society
- Electric Power Steering, a type of power steering system used in cars.
- Executive Protective Service
- Extrapyramidal symptoms, side effects caused by antipsychotic drugs.
- Electronic Payment Services, the largest electronic payment system in Hong Kong, Macau & Shenzhen.
- End Point Security, a computer security concept in which each device is responsible for its own security.
- Extracellular Polymeric Substance, sticky organic matter produced by microorganisms.
- Sandinista Popular Army (Ejército Popular Sandinista) of Sandinista-era Nicaragua.
- Evergreen Park School, a K-8 school in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada.Eps may refer to
- Eps, Pas-de-Calais, a commune of the Pas-de-Calais département in northern France.
- Erbprinzenstrasse, a street name in Germany
[ 51 ]
- Messier object M51, a magnitude 8.0 spiral galaxy in the constellation Canes Venatici, also known as the Whirlpool Galaxy
- The Saros number of the solar eclipse series which began on -1407 September 2 and ended on +108 February 29. The duration of Saros series 51 was 1514.5 years, and it contained 85 solar eclipses. The Saros number of the lunar eclipse series which began on -1105 June 13 and ended on 211 August 12. The duration of Saros series 51 was 1316.2 years, and it contained 74 lunar eclipses.
In other fields
- The code for international phone calls to Peru
- Area 51, a parcel of U.S. military-controlled land in southern Nevada, apparently containing a secret aircraft testing facility
- Part of the title of a collection of stories by Lord Dunsany, Fifty-One Tales
- The number of the fire station and rescue engine in the TV series Emergency!
- Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico often mentioned as the future “51st State”
- Owning 51% of stocks makes one a major shareholder
- “Paul is Live” album (1993): Paul McCartney’s cover shot in front of London’s Abbey Road Studios. A parody of the original Abbey Road. Paul, then 51, is wearing shoes, and the Volkswagen bears a license plate that reads “51 IS” .
- “Come in Number 51, Your Time is Up” song by Pink Floyd
- The Parker 51, introduced in 1941, may well be the most famous fountain pen ever made
- The flat Eps51 was founded in is numbered 51