[ Eps51 ]
Eps51 is an internationally working design studio covering a wide range of projects including print, web, brand identity, illustration and photography.
Before settling down in Berlin, Ben and Sascha lived and worked in London, Paris, Brussels and Cairo for a while.
Eps51 have worked on numerous intercultural projects over the past years, mostly for clients from the cultural field. In 2008 they published the book “Arabesque – Graphic Design from the Arab World and Persia” [Die Gestalten] – the result of a long lasting, intensive research on the Middle Eastern graphic design scene.
The core team:
[ Excerpt ]
Arabesque [Die Gestalten Verlag]
Arabic font specimen book [Uitgeverij De Buitenkant]
Basic Logos [Index Books]
Branding – A Way of Business [Sandu Publishing]
Brush’n‘Script [Verlag Hermann Schmidt]
Dataflow [Die Gestalten Verlag]
ED Awards Annual [European Design]
Fashion Graphics [Sandu Publishing]
Logo Design 2 [Taschen Verlag]
Los Logos 4 [Die Gestalten Verlag]
Los Logos compass [Die Gestalten Verlag]
Pictoplasma – The Essence of the Rabbit
Mini Graphics [Sandu Publishing]
Typodarium 2009 + 2012 [Verlag Hermann Schmidt]
Typoshirt One [Index Book]
Web Design Portfolios [Taschen Verlag]
Zeixs Books [Feierabend Books]
Electronic Beats Magazine
Gallery Magazine – Vol. 4
Gallery Magazine – Vol. 10
Novum – Interview – Issue 06/2008
Novum – Profile – Issue 12/2009
Slanted #7 – Geometrics
Slanted #9 – Stencil Type
Slanted #11 – Monospace, Stencil
[ Excerpt ]
AMA – Art Moves Africa // Brussels, Belgium
Bergitta Victor // Berlin, Germany
Contemparabia // Dubai, UAE
CIC // Cairo, Egypt
Die Gestalten Verlag // Berlin, Germany
Discovery Channel Europe // London, UK
Dutch Boys // Cairo, Egypt
Galerie L.J. // Paris, France
Global Bohemians // Düsseldorf, Germany
Hamzamolnar // Cairo, Egypt
Heineken // Cairo + Amsterdam
INKA // Ingolstadt, Germany
Kehrer Verlag // Heidelberg, Germany
L’Oréal // Paris, France
M4 Models // Hamburg, Germany
Merge Conceptual Design // Los Angeles, USA
Michael Sontag // Berlin, Germany
Mueller & Zenone // Berlin, Germany
Neon Magazine // Germany
Nike // Europe
Palais // Munich, Germany
Pitti Immagine // Florence, Italy
Sharjah Art Foundation // Sharjah, UAE
Susan Hefuna // Germany + Egypt
Spokes // Manchester, UK
The Townhouse Gallery // Cairo, Egypt
Uqbar Projectspace // Berlin, Germany
YAZE // Paris, France
Young Arab Theatre Fund // Brussels, Belgium
Jobs // Internships
We’re currently not looking for employees or freelancers but you’re always welcome to send us your design, illustration, or photography portfolio for future reference to work[at]eps51.com
We do employ interns once in a while but at the moment we’re not looking to take on anyone. If you still want us to look at your portfolio send it to work[at]eps51.com. Please understand, that we cannot answer all requests though.
We will only look at applications sent to work[at]eps51.com.
[ Eps ]
EPS is an initialism which most often means:
- Earnings per share, a stock market concept.
- Encapsulated PostScript, a graphics file format.
- electro-plasma system
- European Physical Society
- Electric Power Steering, a type of power steering system used in cars.
- Executive Protective Service
- Extrapyramidal symptoms, side effects caused by antipsychotic drugs.
- Electronic Payment Services, the largest electronic payment system in Hong Kong, Macau & Shenzhen.
- End Point Security, a computer security concept in which each device is responsible for its own security.
- Extracellular Polymeric Substance, sticky organic matter produced by microorganisms.
- Sandinista Popular Army (Ejército Popular Sandinista) of Sandinista-era Nicaragua.
- Evergreen Park School, a K-8 school in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada.
Eps may refer to:
- Eps, Pas-de-Calais, a commune of the Pas-de-Calais département in northern France.
- Erbprinzenstrasse, a street name in Germany
[ 51 ]
- Messier object M51, a magnitude 8.0 spiral galaxy in the constellation Canes Venatici, also known as the Whirlpool Galaxy
- The Saros number of the solar eclipse series which began on -1407 September 2 and ended on +108 February 29. The duration of Saros series 51 was 1514.5 years, and it contained 85 solar eclipses. The Saros number of the lunar eclipse series which began on -1105 June 13 and ended on 211 August 12. The duration of Saros series 51 was 1316.2 years, and it contained 74 lunar eclipses.
In other fields
- The code for international phone calls to Peru
- Area 51, a parcel of U.S. military-controlled land in southern Nevada, apparently containing a secret aircraft testing facility
- Part of the title of a collection of stories by Lord Dunsany, Fifty-One Tales
- The number of the fire station and rescue engine in the TV series Emergency!
- Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico often mentioned as the future “51st State”
- Owning 51% of stocks makes one a major shareholder
- “Paul is Live” album (1993): Paul McCartney’s cover shot in front of London’s Abbey Road Studios. A parody of the original Abbey Road. Paul, then 51, is wearing shoes, and the Volkswagen bears a license plate that reads “51 IS” (instead of “28 IF” as on Abbey Road).
- “Come in Number 51, Your Time is Up” song by Pink Floyd
- The Parker 51, introduced in 1941, may well be the most famous fountain pen ever made
- The flat Eps51 was founded in is numbered 51